HEALTHY FATS AND TUMMY SLIMMING SNACKS
Posted on 01 December 2015
We love food. It’s no secret that here at Bikini Empire we really, really love food. We spend most of our days surfing, doing yoga, and working out, so not only do we love food, we have BIG appetites. Sometimes it’s hard when you’re delirious with hunger to reach for something healthy. Trust us, we know the allure of potato chips and salty crunchy things is real. But if you want to feel good, look good, and nourish your body with whole foods and not processed garbage, you need to make some responsible snacking choices. So we’ve compiled a nice list of tummy slimming snacks – healthy eats that are nutritious and won’t leave you feeling like Honey Boo Boo when you’re done.
1. Cashews: Full of healthy fats, cashews are a great savory alternative to chips and crackers. They’re super delicious, dense and are easy to pack around! Don’t have more than a few handfuls, or you’ll overload your system.
2. Bananas: What else can we say about bananas that hasn’t already been said? Healthy? check! Tasty? check! Cheap? check! Improves your mood, memory and regulates your metabolism? CHEECKCKKKKK! If you know you’re going to be in a food dessert (places, or people’s houses that have either no food, crappy food, or you’re not allowed to eat the food) blend yourself up a smoothie with a banana, some greens, unsweetened almond or coconut milk and some nuts. It will keep you going for hours!
3. Raisins: Nature’s candy. These wrinkly little delights are packed with natural sugars, so they’re great if you need a pick-me-up.
3. Hard boiled eggs: Full of protein and no sugar or carbohydrates to boot. Hard- boiled eggs are filling, delicious and easy to pack around. If you can get farm fresh, even better! Healthy chickens = healthy eggs = healthy you!
4. Avocados: Forget the fat-free hysteria of the 1990s. The 90s are gone, and with it we can finally kiss goodbye societies weird fear of fat. Avocados are full of healthy fats, are great for your skin and hair, and are creamy and delicious. Try 1/2 avocado as a snack, sprinkled with salt and pepper and a little lime juice, or try our recipe for an amazing Avocado Smoothie that is a great hangover cure! Eating a diet full of healthy fats (like avocados, olive oil, nuts, seeds etc) keeps you satiated, and less likely to reach for unhealthy processed foods. So ditch your thin, runny fat free yogurt that tastes like a combo between ground-up chalk and vanilla perfume, and try this AWESOME whole food instead!
5. Cut up veggies: Nothing is healthier than cut up veggies. If you really want your body to perform it’s absolute best, make sure you are getting enough raw veg. Eat it at every meal if possible! It only takes a second to chop up some peppers and cucumbers and bring them on your next adventure!
Hopefully this blog will give you a little inspiration for healthy, tummy slimming snack ideas! You’ll thank us come June, when you feel healthy, lean and strong and ready to hit the beach in a new bikini!
Photo source: http://www.kcet.org/living/food/the-public-kitchen/recipe-avocado-and-egg-toast-with-wild-mustard-flowers.html